Monday, April 04, 2016

Escape Without Fear @ STAMPlorations

{My DT work for STAMPlorations}

Hi everyone! Wish your life lots of happiness and prosperity. Sharing with you today is a layout on an absolutely heavy duty concrete designer paper I've never used before and wanted to challenge myself creating a page on this absolutely gorgeous stones!

I snap a pic of my little girl at the famous historical site in my hometown Melaka last March 16. This building is a remain of St.Paul's Church. We walked up the hill with great views of the city to get to the church which is a beautiful old stone building constructed by the Portuguese in 1521. It was used as a fortress, a weapons storage and a burial ground. You can even still see the tombstones along what's left of the walls of the church.
I love this real looking stones from Kaisercraft Base Coat collection.
Some close-up pictures:
I made the swirl roses from a piece of 6x6 Kaisercraft paper pad cut into four pieces. The leaves are punched from white drawing paper, distressed and colored randomly. I used patchwork frenzy graphic pentagons STAMPlorations stamps to make some designs.
I used square links  ARTplorations stencil to create texture on the surface. The butterflies from STAMPlorations are stamped and fussy cut.
I stamped alpha letters to spell escape and without fear from STAMPlorations for the title. 
An inspiration gain from Mixed Media Warriors mood board. I used earth colors to make this page vintage as in the 16th century based on the photo of the historical building and used three elements ~ flowers, clocks and butterflies from the mood board.
The 'escape' and mood photo challenge at More Than Words caught my eyes while I was thinking for title. I imagine life during colonization era was very tough and did wonder how the people lived in the past. I believe in many aspects of living they had to escape without fear to keep moving. The historical sights in Melaka are reminder for Malaysians to live in unity and respect despite one's differences in religions and cultures. 

Sharing some of our holiday photos at St. Paul's Church in Melaka Historical City. 
The view from hill.
My husband and our three girls.
My son standing at the right wing.
Walking up the hill to reach to the church..Still standing strong...looks awesome! The siblings enjoying the surrounding and happy to be in their birth land. 
My little girl taking a rest after plights of stairs up the hill! I love that trees!Last but not least, you have one month long to play along at STAMPlorations April Mixed Media Challenge. I look forward to see your makes with stencils and no cards please.
That's it for today. Until then. I see you soon.
Hugs and smiles,

13 comments:

  1. Fab page Asmah &so dramatic too. Thanks for playing along wsith us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout it is !! I was stunned seeing it! LOVELY!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic LO! I like it very much!
    Thanks for playing along wsith us at Mixed Media Warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the extra textured background! Thank you for playing along with us @ More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! love the rock base page you have used.. awesome AWESOME layout...Thank you Asmah for joining in over @ More Than Words!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Asmah!!,
    Love all Awesome textures and layers!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words!!,
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout Asmah!! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Warriors!!
    I visited Melaka in january 2015, such a beautiful place!! I love Malaisia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful!!!!Thanks for playing along wsith us at Mixed Media Warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing, and I agree, the background paper from Kaisercraft is awesome... looks so realistic! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout! Love that background and all the detail! Beautifully embellished! All the best from More Than Words!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - this is stunning! Thanks for joining in at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asmah it's incredible layout! I love everything in this work!
    Thank you for playing along with Mixed Media Warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing LO. I love every detail. Thank you for playing along whit Mixed Media Warriors.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah